Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac mini or Synology (or something else)??
(28-Nov-2016, 17:24)Axel Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 14:07)frejo Wrote: By the way, can a Qnap running jRiver be a good idea as an only source?

Yes! I use a QNAP HS251+ running JRiver and controlled with JRemote on an iPad. I used to run this straight into the D visa USB and it sounded great. I now run the QNAP into my Mutec and on to the D via AES/EBU which improves the SQ even further.
This is not my only source, however. I also use a Sonos Connect, a turntable and a CD player.
If it came to it, I could easily be happy with just the QNAP as my only source. It never fails!

Great!

Is it also possible to set JRiver to "play from memory instead of disk"? This since it seems to improve SQ, at least for me.

But just to make things clear( maybe I'm an idiot) but if I buy the HS251 (must it be the "+"?) I can install some kind of operating system like w10, install JRiver and use my iPad or Android as a remote, connect it via USB straight into Dev - and that's it? No need for any computer during playback?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac mini or Synology (or something else)?? - by frejo - 28-Nov-2016, 20:00