Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands
(30-Nov-2016, 19:08)Confused Wrote: I think my favourite bit was one of the later comments (not from someone at the aforementioned audition):  As follows via google translate:

'Any other result would have puzzled me. The Devialets are typical lifestyle products and have absolutely nothing to do with good music reproduction. On the penultimate high end I had the dubious pleasure also times their loudspeaker to hear "Phantom" those were in my ears so real Wumtata boxes: thumbdown:
Some visitors found these things even good. Either I have it on the ears or Die ???'

For balance, I recall that a couple of weeks after my 1000 Pro audition, I had the pleasure of listening to a full dCS rig together with D'Agostino momentum m400 mono blocks.  Ignoring cost, I'd take the 1000 Pro, not a word of a lie!  (or if I could, the 1000 Pro, with the dCS Upsampler and clock as source, that would be nice).   I guess it will be a long dark day in the future before everyone will agree on this stuff, and how dull it would be if we did.

Oh, and clearly google translate has it's limits, does anyone know what 'Wumtata' boxes might be? Confused

...ha, ha, ha...Wumtata...substitute 'Wum' as a big 'boom' and 'tata' as some trumpet sound and you have German 'Marschmusik'. Now what the heck is 'Marschmusik'...marching music!
It's an analogy for a very crude loudspeaker  Wink

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands - by yabaVR - 30-Nov-2016, 20:13