Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands
(30-Nov-2016, 20:33)yabaVR Wrote: I would say there were no Devialet Expert experts present at the comparison. One guy discribed the Devialet sounded like pumping the sound objects to the front every time a loud sound was performed in the music.
The first thing they should have done (nobody knows if they did) cut off DPM and Standby-Modus, and all not used Inputs and give the D just 2h of 'warmup' to make it perform better espacially on transients.

It's sad, but I think the D's belong to the most underestimated amps on the market due to not being engaged the right way. I really think the D's are a 'Diva' if not treated right it gets p... off and won't perform like it could.
Or are we rather deaf here at Devialetchat?  Dodgy

gui

Not sure if you need to be an expert for this but the amps had enough time for a warmup (about 3h for the 250, the 400 was connected since the day before). Only 2 digital inputs were activated. But: DPM was activated. We both had created a new config and forgot to switch it off. But honestly, the difference here is extremely small and it does definitly not cause any room pumping. I think this is simply a misinterpretation of the black background that Devialets are capable of. All analogue amps (especially tubes) have a continous noise that the Devialet does not have. If you are not used to it you may think that this is a fault of the Devialet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands - by Vivialet - 03-Dec-2016, 10:20