Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands
I agree that both Devialets did not get the optimal conditions. Especially the 400 was connected to a Behringer digital switch which probably had some negative impact. The distance to the Oracle CD transport was also very long, 6 or 7 meters. The AES/EBU cable was from Viablue.
The 400 was connected to the powerline with WSS cables to a Supra power strip, the other amps were connected with some very expensive looking cables. A lot of things that could be optimized for the Devialet.
But even under these conditions the difference to the 3 times more expensive systems was not night and day. It's not a shame if a 40000€ system sounds a little bit better than a 13000€ system. And I think with the track from Yello (Toy) things might have changed. For me the Devialet was somewhere between the ML 434 and the Jeff Rowland 501. The NAT Transmitter was clearly better than the other amps, but not so convincing with Yello.
And: a 400 or 800 was definitly not the best amp of the world as the new pro models show how much better it can get. And even with a 1000pro I don't think that you will not be able to find a system that sounds better. But for a price, and maybe not so flexible. And huge.
So for me there is only one amp...

Messages In This Thread
RE: German Analog-Forum.de comparison of D250 Pro and D400 versus some other brands - by Vivialet - 03-Dec-2016, 14:44