Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
(18-Mar-2024, 23:19)markush Wrote: There are still new findings! It was long time thought the ground lift connection of RCA to XLR was the best sounding option. But a user tried the iFi SPDIF iPurifier2 (a better power supply than the default is recommended, or going battery pack to enable a complete isolation between master & slave) a found an even better sound quality. Which is reasonable as the iPurifier2 has several signal cleaning and reclocking features.

Has anyone also already tried this?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone would hear a difference, but since the only re-clocking you would make is to the Slave and then the Master staying as is, I can't see how that technically would be an advantage. 

Can you ask the user whether the centre stage has moved a bit? I can only imagine that the timing would be out a bit, which moves the perceived left / right balance.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: master / slave digital cable for 440Pro - by Pim - 19-Mar-2024, 01:52