Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
(23-Mar-2024, 10:32)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(23-Mar-2024, 10:25)chrisc Wrote: Changed mine from RCA (digital) on master to RCA (digital) on companion, to...

RCA (digital) on master to AES on companion, leaving out the earth connection, instead

[Image: my6RwyI.png]

There is an improvement in clarity and detail.  This did not become immediately obvious, but the reproduction, especially on good classical music recordings, is worthwhile

Especially since a vdHul RCA plug and a silver-plated XLR plug, plus a 150mm piece of 110 ohm cable cost under €3,00 and took 30 mins to make

Did the sound improvement appear only in the speaker connected to the companion (the one to which you changed the input) or did you also feel an improvement in the sound of the speaker connected to the master?
I ask you because the master only sends the signal and then it should not have been affected by the change in the input from the companion.
After you made this change, did you notice any difference in sound quality between the two speakers?
This is also how I've set up my connection for a while now and prefer it. It affects the sound of the whole system, because the objective here is to remove the ground connection between the 2 units which should prevent ground-loop induced noise between them.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: master / slave digital cable for 440Pro - by hardcore - 23-Mar-2024, 12:32