Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error AIR Driver could not be loaded
Hi,

After installation of any of the AIR 3.0.x Drivers the Error Message:

Devialet AIR 3.0.x - Error
The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded.

I have a fresh installed Wind 10 and I did intsall the Driver with VirusScan: Off; Firewall: OFF as well as both on.

Same Error.

HTPC: 8 GB RAM, Asus B150 I MB, i3-6100 CPU, JRMC 22 and Tidal installed

Any Idea?

Thank you very much for your help!
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
have you installed a network driver ? If yes you should be able to connect to the internet. As AIR is a network protokoll it requires the basic network hardware access.
I think I had similar problem earlier with my brand new Win 10 desktop. I had to disable secure boot from BIOS to get it work.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Disable secure boot did the trick. Tricky! Thank you very much!
Hi everyone. Well.... I finally found the time to update my perfectly working Mac Mini with El Capitan and Air 3.04 working tirelessly for months.

I installed the latest build available of High Sierra, a clean install, but unfortunately I’m also now getting the message -
Devialet AIR 3.0.4 Error. The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded.
The Air Software was the first software I installed after the new installation, a reboot as recommended didn’t bring any help. Also uninstalling Air and a reinstalling didn’t help at all.
Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
Please restart your Mac. When it's no help, then delete Air and reinstall the software and reboot your Mac.

Nice Christmas

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks Elztalbiker. After many uninstalls and reinstalling I finally got everything working.
Problem was I was installing on a headless Mac, and one of High Sierras security features wasn’t responding to a virtual mouse click, ie; as if a mouse was physically NOT attached to the Mac.
(Normally this is never a problem, I’ve been running my Mac mini for years headless, earlier with Squeeze Box software, now with Audirvana......
Luckily I noticed that, attached a physical mouse to my Mac mini, reinstall the Air software and, a few REAL mouse clicks later............ Viola ? It was working!!!
I wish everyone reading this a hopefully relaxing few days ahead, don’t do anything silly like I did and maybe just enjoy the time offline, either on a beach, in the snow, in front of a log fire or simply star watching in a lonely, remote place, wherever you might be?
Merry Xmas to you all!
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
It was driving me mad, couldn't figure out why Devialet Air was working on an old headless Mini but not on a brand new iMac Retina... 
and then I had light bulb moment!

of course, on a Mac (any Mac) running High Sierra (10.13.x):
1. open System Preferences 
2. Go to Security & Privacy (first row)
3. Bottom half of the window, "Allow apps downloaded from", 
4. Allow the Devialet app
5. Relaunch Devialet Air.

Usually, the OS warns you that it is blocking an unknown app and tells you to go to Security & Privacy, but in this case, somehow it seems the Devialet app generates the error message "The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded."

Hope that helps some of you.

Fred
For Mac Users:
Also note that DevAir requires 10.10 and newer. Looks like driver will not load on earlier versions (running 10.8.x on my Mac Mini)
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub