Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Hifi Gold Phantom Review: Sound is foggy?
(17-Dec-2016, 23:30)bearcatsandor Wrote: There's a new review for the Gold Phantom:

http://www.whathifi.com/devialet/gold-phantom/review

Nothing in it is too surprising, but i'm wondering if owners of the Gold feel the same way as he did: That
Quote:there’s a lack of separation and space to the sound that makes the Devialet sound dense in the manner of fog – everything happens at speed, with an assertion that sometimes borders on aggression, and the small-ish soundstage as a consequence is not so much muddled as crowded.
Yesterday I went for a comparison between a pair of golds and a pair of silvers. To be honest I really preferred the silvers, they seem to be more musical and honest to me. I wouldn't call the golds foggy, but the sound appears somewhat too smooth and polished to me. So now I am the happy owner of a pair of silvers on branches, a dialog and thanks to the Christmas treat also an Apple TV. Set up was easy and went like a charm. Rediscovering all my music, using Spark to stream from my PC (QNAP NAS connected as network drive) as well as Qobuz (Tidal to follow). Also Spotify Connect sounds so much better than before. I am super happy!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910C met Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Hifi Gold Phantom Review: Sound is foggy? - by rene - 18-Dec-2016, 17:10