Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Devialet predictions for 2017 (The Devialet Almanac 2017)
My predictions are:

1) the new streamer board with Devialet OS will be delayed and won't materialise until Q4 2017 at the earliest

2) the new streamer board will directly support Qobuz (but will not be Roon Ready, as predicted by Confused)

3) the new streamer board will cause much angst among owners about increased operating temperatures

4) AIR will not be properly fixed and will be deprecated

5) there will be a launch of new hardware but not in the existing audiophile/wireless speaker markets (I tend to agree with Guillaume that it will be integrated into some other familiar product)

6) Devialet will upset and/or re-arrange their dealer network

My (forlorn) hopes are:

7) AIR will be properly fixed and will continue to be supported

8) the new streamer board will be Roon Ready

9) the new streamer board will support local configuration (that is, point a browser at the amplifier and configure it without needing the Devialet-hosted configurator) - that for me would make it worthwhile on its own

10) the new streamer board will support room correction (that is, it will be able to build the convolver based on measuring the room, and the existing DSP hardware will then run the convolver)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2017 (The Devialet Almanac 2017) - by thumb5 - 30-Dec-2016, 12:55