Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These dropouts make me crazy
All of a sudden I'm getting these dropouts and noise again, specially on native DSD. I thought I got rid of them when I uninstalled all the crap that comes with windows 10, but oh no, they are back. Is it just AIR that's mocking me? Or could it be something else? I wonder if it will improve some if I install Audiophile Optimizer as it should scrap even more that's running in the background in windows? Any suggestions on what to do?

/frejo (slightly frustrated)
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(29-Dec-2016, 20:08)frejo Wrote: All of a sudden I'm getting these dropouts and noise again, specially on native DSD. I thought I got rid of them when I uninstalled all the crap that comes with windows 10, but oh no, they are back. Is it just AIR that's mocking me? Or could it be something else? I wonder if it will improve some if I install Audiophile Optimizer as it should scrap even more that's running in the background in windows? Any suggestions on what to do?

/frejo (slightly frustrated)

You can try this software program, Fidelizer and see if it helps.

Fidelizer

While it is understandable that some customers prefer to evaluate test versions before purchasing, we decided to focus on improving product quality and services rather than limiting its features. We do not favor the idea of making trial versions with limited features as it would later become constraints in further improving the software.

The developer put great effort into building good quality software for free. If you trust that the free version’s performance is something worth paying for, you won’t be disappointed in what Fidelizer Upgrade Program can offer you. Up until now, there isn’t a single customer who’s not satisfied with Fidelizer’s performance after upgrading. You can read reviews and what other customers say about Fidelizer and make up your mind later.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Actually that was my plan, but since I'm running headless I'm not able to. For some reason the app I'm using controlling the computer throws me out when I'm trying to install Fidelizer. And I cannot connect the computer to my screen since that is in another room and free Fidelizer will not autostart after you disconnect the computer - ah the joys of being an audiophile...
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Devialet Gemini
Are you running Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro? I use the latter, and Microsoft Remote Desktop on another machine (a Mac) to control the NUC. I believe you need Windows 10 Pro to run Remote Desktop though I could be wrong. I am also running headless.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I'm using 10 Pro. I will try the Microsoft software and see if it works. Thanks!
Devialet Gemini
Let me know if it works for you. The free version does require you to start it each time you boot your PC.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/fidelizer/1.html
SXSW, US
Hey frejo,

I can recommend the next step to go for AO. Not only will you (most likely) get rid of the dropouts but perhaps get to new SQ-Horizons. Though it might be that AIR isn't affected SQ-wise by background services (I do believe it is affected) the whole system runs very smooth and headless is no problem with AO and you also gain in a quick as a boot can be with AO.
Did you already try 'Process Lasso'. It might also help with the issues you have with Win10.

If both of the above won't help you have to give your router/network a closer look. Try the router of a friend or 'buy' one online and give it back when it doesn't solve the problems.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Haven't tried process lasso, don't know what it is exactly. I'll look it up.
I don't have a router in my setup, running my computer directly to the D200 via Ethernet.
I wasn't aware that AIR perhaps didn't benify from AO, I was kind of hoping it would make my system sound "better"...

Thank you for the input!
Devialet Gemini
If I install Process Lasso, what are the settings for best SQ?
Devialet Gemini
(30-Dec-2016, 13:42)frejo Wrote: If I install Process Lasso, what are the settings for best SQ?

Just go default first. If you want to adjust for something you can set AIR to "real time". Do not overdo. Process Lasso is very smart right out of the box.

AO will make it run more stable and I can imagine that SQ also improves even with ethernet. At least AO gives a BIG boost in SQ for my USB connection to my D.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin