Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(10-Jan-2017, 07:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 22:56)Dr Tone Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 22:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Seriously though. I still think they might come through. First they actually need a streamer board they can add things to.

If they can do DSD decoding internally, I would think MQA decoding would be achievable without a streamer board.  That said Devialet hasn't been delivering much new and improved with regards to firmware updates in the last year.  Oops, I forgot about the new display colors and font.

Yeah, credit where credits due - those display tweaks must have taken up huge amounts of resources and was also one of the most user requested features...

I think you're right about the MQA bit. If you can add it to a dragonfly, a Devialet is most likely able.

Don't forget that these Dragonflies were developed after MQA was released and Devialet still has an older DAC chip from before MQA
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Pim - 10-Jan-2017, 09:38