Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headless Mac as a music server/streamer - hints and tips
(13-Feb-2017, 23:56)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, screen sharing wakes it up, as does sending WoL from a suitable app.

Any of these approaches would be fine if it were just me using the system, but each separate step in the way of just pressing a button and having music makes it substantially more difficult/annoying for anyone of a less technical bent...  Two steps (turn on the amp and wait for it to start up, then press play in Roon) is just about acceptable.  Having to use something apparently unrelated to music in between would be a step too far, I'm afraid.

Actually very, very good points. Actually that is something I have been striving for over the past year, simplifying the system such that it is usable by other members of the householder, from turn on, to shutdown, and everything in between.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headless Mac as a music server/streamer - hints and tips - by baddog - 14-Feb-2017, 02:52