Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you?
I just got mine set up on Ethernet today - as I have no more box swapping and tinkering to do since I got my phantoms, and know there is nothing more to squeeze out of my turntable! So I need something to waste my time and money on right? Wink

My initial reactions are that it sounded a bit smoother and also louder at low volumes - so better for me. And also it seemed sharper and more seperation all round. And the imaging seemed better as I often had issues feeling the sound was louder on one channel and I had to shuffle around the sofa - but now the sweet spot seems much wider and voices don't appear to come from one side or the other (unless meant to Smile)

But I am also acutely aware that I want them to sound better Smile - so best I wait a few weeks for all situations and moods and phases of the moon etc, before deciding if one day they sound any better because of Ethernet set up, as opposed to all the other factors that make it sound better or worse on a given session!

BUT it does appear my optical to dialogue is now faultless - I watched a 2 hour film with not 1 crackle or cut out Smile

Will spend more time listening to some vinyl too and report back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you? - by Jamington2004 - 15-Jan-2017, 18:01