Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
I’ve downloaded/uploaded 2.1.3 and 7.1.1 (using Maverick, not Yosemite which I’m not trying until it gets stable) and I can run with an ethernet connection from my Apple Time Capsule (the new one with an Airport Extreme) so I can operate that via the ethernet or wifi settings and my only “wifi-only” connection is from my MacBook Pro to my Time Capsule router.

Result: The HD stuff is completely unlistenable. The normal stuff (ripped CDs) is fantastic.

In iTunes, I have selected Bit Perfect and iTunes EQ, and the target device buffer is set at 1000ms all as recommended.

I’ve selected an optimal wifi channel using iStumbler and inSSIDer, and my signal is -42 to -44dbm according to the Air dropdown, -43/+8 dvm according to the Devialet window, -31dbm according to iiSSIDER, and 72% signal 15% noise according to iStumbler (which is said to equate to -43dbm being 100 - (72-15)). These are inconsistent but on the Devialet website they say: "Additionally, streaming requires a strong WiFi signal at a Devialet. We advise to reach for any value higher than -55dBm - ideally -45dBm or better if possible.” so at an average of -40dbm that should be ok. The nearest overlapping channel on inSSIDer is at -70dbm compared with -31dbm with the Devialet, so that is a huge difference and should not interfere at all.

Despite all that the HD sound is just littered with interference (not dropouts, just persistent gurglings and the like) - not a trace on 16bit 44.1khz.

On top of that, for weeks now - I guess around 12 weeks - the dual-mono configurator has not worked if one wants a pre-amp output from the companion. I’ve told them three times and there is still no fix.

Anyway, after one has spent £27.5k on their electronics and given them time to sort out the gremlins, one expects it to work as promised, and it does not.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Beajuju - 27-Oct-2014, 15:10
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by rik - 27-Oct-2014, 16:55
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by LBameule - 29-Oct-2014, 19:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 31-Oct-2014, 14:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 05-Nov-2014, 00:57
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by IanG-UK - 23-Nov-2014, 02:22