Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
Air (even Ethernet) with Mac Mini has frequent dropouts with high resolution files - works mostly fine with 16/44, although there are occasional dropouts too, but much more spaced. All in all, it is enough pain to avoid selecting this input, since you're unconsciously waiting for the next dropout and you can't relax.

Both Toslink (up to 96k) and USB work fine, can be used with Audirvana, have no glitches at all, and have no latency. It is a pity because it seems to me that Ethernet is the best sounding of them all.

Mac mini is dedicated to music and films, with 16gb main memory; Ethernet connection is direct to Devialet, with fixed ip; and access to Internet to stream radio is done using the wifi connection.

I am using Yosemite and the latest versions of Air and Devialet firmware. But I can't say that there was a system version that worked perfectly fine with Air.

I am using a true glass multi fiber Toslink cable and bog-standard USB cable and Cat7 Ethernet cable. (Does USB cable choice really matter with Devialet?). I have noticed that the most relaxing sound is obtained with Toslink when all other cables are disconnected, and therefore galvanic isolation (but sound has less tridimensionality than with Ethernet)
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Beajuju - 27-Oct-2014, 15:10
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by rik - 27-Oct-2014, 16:55
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by LBameule - 29-Oct-2014, 19:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 31-Oct-2014, 14:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 05-Nov-2014, 00:57
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Divasson - 24-Nov-2014, 09:30