Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
(24-Nov-2014, 08:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: The AIR on my "new" (demo) D premier is not usable.. there are occasional bursts of distortion overlaying the music..embarrassing to demo the system like that.
I have reverted back to usb>spdif and/or my Logitech Squeezebox touch till when AIR is fixed on my devialet.

I was told the wireless access point needs to be nearer - its only about 2m from the unit..not sure how much closer it can be...nothing else that's wireless seems to suffer?

Win7 ultimate based pc...

I'm not really a happy camper about the AIR issue...

Rodney,
my D-Premier worked fine with Air once I had realised that it is difficult to get a good wifi signal in it since the case is such a good shield. Moving the wifi transmitter (in my case an Apple time machine) even a few inches influenced the signal strength at the amp, btw.
I haven't used a PC since I retired, I gave my last one to my son-in-law so the system I used without problems (once tuned in...) was with a Mac.
Firstly the wifi signal as seen via the Air software you want the highest signal you can get. Mine works perfectly at -47dB signal level. It varies between -50dB and -45dB and I only get dropouts at this signal level if there is excessive activity on the wifi network or my computer needs the maintenance scripts running (Unix runs them automatically if you run your computer 24/7, I don't any more)
The two biggest improvements in stability I achieved were, first, to set my Airport to a fixed channel not used by any other local wifi signal and the second was to dispose of my Android mobile phone.
Android makes frequent unauthorised by me internet access, which I probably wouldn't have spotted if I hadn't been tuning Air. I was so annoyed by this, and the poor battery life on my smart phone that I disposed of it.

I have also not updated to the latest version of Air.
Updates to a system which works are pointless, IME as a programmer, unless the update includes a desirable new feature (and even then...).
I use iTunes since I have an existing historic music library. I own loads of other software, and streaming solutions, but after trying them rarely use any of them.

(23-Nov-2014, 21:00)PhilP Wrote: So that just leaves a call to the CEO then Wink

Ah but what is the likelyhood of them going back to the original revolutionary(ish) Air philosophy (which would rule out PCs) once they have dumped it and put many man-years into getting Air 2 developed?
All the other stuff except the configurator, which I don't need to use at the moment, are not a problem for me.
My units have everything I need as hifi amps and sound fine, pretty well as good as my D-Premiers but unfortunately lacking HDMI Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Beajuju - 27-Oct-2014, 15:10
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by rik - 27-Oct-2014, 16:55
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by LBameule - 29-Oct-2014, 19:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 31-Oct-2014, 14:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 05-Nov-2014, 00:57
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by f1eng - 24-Nov-2014, 11:07