Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
(24-Nov-2014, 17:36)AlexS Wrote: I was thinking of purchasing a MAC Mini (to use for streaming, instead of my PC), to put the white noise issues behind me for good, but with these posts, I don't know any more which way to go. It sounds like the most reliable option is USB (it has no incidents reported for either MAC or PC).
Now, for those complaining of drop outs over WiFi, let me share my experience prior to upgrading to 250. I spent months troubleshooting my wireless network, using various tools. My signal was around -30dB, and the channel was empty. And I was still getting dropouts even at 16/44... The interesting thing was that I was able to stream without problems for days, but sooner or later the dropouts would reoccur. And then I discovered the root cause: my neighbor with an old wireless phone - one of those which are known to auto-change channels (to withstand the likes of Devialet Smile
This discovery made me switch to wired Ethernet, and I've never had a single dropout since, with any format.
Now I only get white noise occasionally Smile But we will win that fight (or if we don't, will just switch to USB).

Before you make the purchase, you could give USB a go on the PC--and try Jplay, you will be in for a surprise, you can download a trial version that works for some minutes, but it should be enough to test.

I have made a thread in the streamer section about my experiences with Jplay, I used Air to begin with and only had a couple of white noise issues, but after Jplay there was no way back from a sonic point of view...

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Beajuju - 27-Oct-2014, 15:10
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by rik - 27-Oct-2014, 16:55
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by LBameule - 29-Oct-2014, 19:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 31-Oct-2014, 14:28
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Umetaro - 05-Nov-2014, 00:57
RE: Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available! - by Morten - 24-Nov-2014, 19:34