Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mac to devialet via ethernet (frustrated)
(28-Feb-2017, 01:39)burgundy Wrote:
(27-Feb-2017, 03:37)baddog Wrote: A trip down memory lane, I first posted that information here, and then added it to CA as well. Glad it was able to help someone out.

thanks baddog, that thread was really helpful.  How do you find the sound of devialet AIR compared to USB?

I prefer the sound of AIR compared to USB. Previously, FWIW, I had a microRendu, and found the sounds quality of that comparable to AIR, so I sold the microRendu. So to me, AIR is a perfect solution, and I am very pleased with the sound quality. Other's preferences do vary on this forum.

I also like having streamlined system, with as few boxes, cables, and things to configure, such it is easy to turn on and enjoy the music.

Over the past six months or so, AIR has worked flawlessly either on my Mac Mini or on my Windows 10 NUC, usually used in congestion with Roon. But I can also, if I wish stream from my MacBook using AIR and the Tidal client.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
RE: mac to devialet via ethernet (frustrated) - by baddog - 28-Feb-2017, 01:56