Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
(07-May-2017, 23:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I really like your reviews too Condused, very open and honest. I'd give you more points but frankl it's just getting silly so you'll have to wow to get ratings now!  Big Grin  I was sceptical of a switch being an upgrade, and while I had no serious plans to buy it, you've saved me the 'doubt'.

Are you suggesting that I am not "open and honest" about my findings?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Not at all!

In fact I'd kind of forgotten the rest of the topic, I just think very few people say they think something they bought doesn't do much if they think that's the case. It's far rarer to read 'I bought X and I dont think I'll keep it.'

Everyone hears what they hear and have different setups, expectations, preferences, etc etc
But Confused saved me money (and doubt) so that's the winner. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-May-2017, 11:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not at all!

In fact I'd kind of forgotten the rest of the topic, I just think very few people say they think something they bought doesn't do much if they think that's the case. It's far rarer to read 'I bought X and I dont think I'll keep it.'

Everyone hears what they hear and have different setups, expectations, preferences, etc etc

Hi hifi-swlon, I'll give you right. You should perhaps be more honest with yourself and stand up if you sometimes hear the differences the other does not hear! Everyone feels and listens differently (thank God)! Everyone should form their own opinion and not follow a self-proclaimed prophet! Should apply everywhere, not just related to the topic hifi.
For the forum: Nothing for bad, just my opinion Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
No offence taken, and I agree with you. But I think I'm pretty honest with myself....

As for Prophet Confused.... I couldn't say. Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-May-2017, 12:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No offence taken, and I agree with you. But I think I'm pretty honest with myself....

As for Prophet Confused.... I couldn't say. Big Grin

Sorry, my english is not the best! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

As the new self proclaimed profit, may I suggest you buy the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler and Clock.  This performs superbly with the Devialet, list price £24K, but I believe there may be some room in this price for a little negotiation.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

But then why do you believe Confused and not Guillaume and the others that reported significant SQ improvements? Is that applying a negative bias for not wanting to buy the thing? Wink (just kidding here of course!)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Haha, well quite!

Yeah - happy to apply the money saving logic!! Although in all seriousness if everyone had reported mind melting improvements, my order would probably be in.

I can't really justify more money on hifi kit unless the gains are big. Other priorities now.

(08-May-2017, 14:34)Antoine Wrote:

But then why do you believe Confused and not Guillaume and the others that reported significant SQ improvements? Is that applying a negative bias for not wanting to buy the thing? Wink (just kidding here of course!)

In fairness, the vast majority of reports I have read both here and on other forums are typically very positive with respect to the Aqvox.  I am firmly in the minority with this one!

I always try to report back as honestly and accurately as I can, and I'm sure that this is true of the vast majority of other posters, it would all be fairly pointless otherwise.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I've also read a fair bit of 'it wasn't easily noticeable but after listening for a while I sensed more ease to the sound' type reports, which read to me as subtle.

Anyway, I'll bow out of this topic, it was only meant as an innocent compliment. Angel