Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tp-link MC200CM FMC
Most DC devices can work within a certain voltage range. If they specify 5 or 9 volts it'll surely work at 7V too and anything else in between. Operating outside the voltage range though could damage the device or the PSU powering it.

Most non-audiophile devices have switching DC-DC converters inside (step-up/down circuitry). In the more audiophile type of devices you'll often find ultra low noise, low dropout (LDO) linear voltage regulators. These convert any excess voltage * the current running through them, to heat. Of course there's also combinations of these devices possible.

The LPS-1 is limited at 1-1.1A so you'll have to find out how much power any device you connect to it actually uses. This isn't very easy to find out. I've seen figures mentioned for the microRendu power usage and I'm sure these'll become clear for the ISO Regen too but this will be more difficult for the TP Link. Usually you'll not find anything beyond what's written at the back of the device e.g. 9V-1A, which more often than not is way more than the devices actually consume.

With the direct connection methodology as discussed in my system topic and on CA (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...ndu-31110/) we're seeing people moving away from the 'optical bridge'. I did too, at least in the direct signal path. Just saying!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Tp-link MC200CM FMC - by octaviars - 15-Mar-2017, 13:21
RE: Tp-link MC200CM FMC - by Antoine - 15-Mar-2017, 13:38
RE: Tp-link MC200CM FMC - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Mar-2017, 14:20
RE: Tp-link MC200CM FMC - by octaviars - 15-Mar-2017, 16:36