Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HD Plex 200W linear PSU
(17-Mar-2017, 12:00)Antoine Wrote: It isn't specified for this one but previous HDPLex PSU's (I still have the original 100W myself) use the LT1083 regulators. While these HDPlex supplies are better than most standard SMPS PSU's they won't even come close to the Paul Hynes stuff. Of course there's more than noise specs alone but the previous HDPlex put out 20-30mV (millivolts) of ripple and noise according to his own reports. Hynes is single digit microvolts!

Not saying this as a Hynes fanboy but objectively based on published specs and many recommendations/experiences of others and my own.

Also see this (I coincidentally just read this): http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...post646857

That whole thread is very worthwile to read BTW as it touches many important topics.

I read alot on Computer audiophile and long before such things regarding low impedance between power outlets came up I did that got rid of my Isotek and got a Ansuz D8 that has no components in the way of the power and star grounding, installed a seperate powerline from the meterbox outside of my house and just use XY condensators and varistors to filter out garbage before the power goes in to the D8 powerbar. To me this was a big step in getting better sound and now I want to make it even better with proper PSU and computer/network solutions.

This was my thread of installing the new powersupply to my hifi but intrest was very low......

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3175

In one of the Swedish forums we did some tests and measured the connection between high impedance on the powergrid and high distorsion on the powergrid, the higher the impedance was the more distorsion was present. The problems sometimes got even worse with some powerconditioner that uses coils as the impedance was even greater after that so the distorsion got even higher. Sometimes I feel that people use powerconditioning without knowing what problems they perhaps have and a seperate powerline can perhaps be the first thing to do and is low in cost compared to many poerconditiners.

Quote:Contrary to all "it makes sense to me" thoughts on the subject the way cut down on leakage loop noise with the DAC and pre/power amps is to have the tightest coupling you can get in the AC domain. Since a leakage loop goes through the AC main the higher the impedance in the mains side the higher the noise voltage generated between the boxes. I know the power conditioner is trying to suppress noise on the mains, but the methods frequently used actually increase the impedance between outlets thus increasing the noise from leakage loops.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-up...post592612
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by octaviars - 17-Mar-2017, 09:48
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by Antoine - 17-Mar-2017, 12:00
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by octaviars - 17-Mar-2017, 15:51
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by octaviars - 17-Mar-2017, 12:24
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by Antoine - 17-Mar-2017, 12:33
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by Antoine - 17-Mar-2017, 12:41
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by octaviars - 17-Mar-2017, 12:52
RE: New HD Plex 200W linear PSU - by octaviars - 20-Mar-2017, 13:53