Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Happy Are You Really With Your Devialet Phono Sound Quality?
I use a Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable and arm with a ZYX Fuji cartridge. Prior to the Devialet, I was quite content using an EE Minimax phono preamp.

Personally, I feel the Devialet as a phono preamp does an amazing job - at least as good and likely better than the EE Minimax (never had a chance to directly compare them). I too was initially hesitant given the ADC - DAC hop that the phono signal needed to go through with the Devialet, but that proved to be a total non-issue. The fact that I can adjust the Devialet phono settings to the needs of my cartridge has made it a great fit for me and I've very pleased with the SQ.

In truth these days, I find myself spinning LPs only about 10% or less of my listening. But then, if I was ONLY looking to spin vinyl I doubt I would have even considered the Devialet Expert.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Happy Are You Really With Your Devialet Phono Sound Quality? - by mdconnelly - 25-Mar-2017, 17:08