Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCAT NET Card FEMTO (audiophile network card)
Just read on the JPlay/JCAT forum that they're very close (before the end of April) to releasing a no-compromise ultra-low noise design audiophile network card. 

No details yet but the 'femto' part in the name suggests they're adding a low jitter/phase noise clock to it, I'm thinking it's probably the same high end Crystek CCHD-957 they use on the latest revision of their USB card.

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2...entry39524

Very interesting, can't wait to find out the details. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Marcin of JCAT/Jplay has replied to my question.

Q: Could you already share if it'll be PCIE x1, x4 or ...? Single, dual or quad output? Will it accept or need external power, if so is it 5V?

A: PCIe x1, two ethernet ports, external and internal 5V PSU inputs as on the JCAT USB Card. Will be available by May.

---
Those are ideal specs for me! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Mar-2017, 16:18)Antoine Wrote: Marcin of JCAT/Jplay has replied to my question.

Q: Could you already share if it'll be PCIE x1, x4 or ...? Single, dual or quad output? Will it accept or need external power, if so is it 5V?

A: PCIe x1, two ethernet ports, external and internal 5V PSU inputs as on the JCAT USB Card. Will be available by May.

---
Those are ideal specs for me! Smile

Will you try it when it gets out and will it replace the Intel NIC you have in the server and run this card to internet and render?

Will it be a Paul Hynes to power it with 5VDC?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I am very interested and will likely buy one but will not make the final decision until all technical details, price etc. are known.

It would indeed replace the Intel i210-T1 NIC I currently use to connect the sMS-200 to my music server. I may use both ports of the JCAT to not use the onboard NIC I currently use for connection to the rest of my network and the Internet but if this compromises anything regarding noise or isolation I won't do that.

All four rails of my Hynes PSU are in currently in use so I'm not sure yet if it will power the JCAT. If I do use one rail of the SR7 it of course can't power the one device it is currently powering so I'll have to weigh my options, try it out or get a second SR7. Smile

The Netherlands
(27-Mar-2017, 17:18)Antoine Wrote: I am very interested and will likely buy one but will not make the final decision until all technical details, price etc. are known.

It would indeed replace the Intel i210-T1 NIC I currently use to connect the sMS-200 to my music server. I may use both ports of the JCAT to not use the onboard NIC I currently use for connection to the rest of my network and the Internet but if this compromises anything regarding noise or isolation I won't do that.

All four rails of my Hynes PSU are in currently in use so I'm not sure yet if it will power the JCAT. If I do use one rail of the SR7 it of course can't power the one device it is currently powering so I'll have to weigh my options, try it out or get a second SR7. Smile

My vote is for a second SR7 Big Grin

But it seems that Paul has much to do as he told me the orders are growing rapidly.......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree