Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradigm Persona Series Speakers
I listened for a few hours to the 3F and 5F. The speakers were very new so I assume would sound much better after some hours playing, but I haven't yet returned to hear them broken in. I was also in a small room, but well damped. With all that said.

The 3F were extremely detailed and precise. I could hear every little thing in the recordings I brought for those aspects. The 5F was still great but slightly worse in that regard, as is common as a speaker plays lower (monitor vs. full range).

The soundstage and imaging was excellent in the sweet spot, but changed a lot (more than most speakers I've liked) when I moved around. That could have been the setup but I would carefully investigate that unless you listen in one chair only.

The integration of drivers was also excellent and the speakers disappeared perfectly, but that's common in good speakers.

Neither the 3F or 5F played were full range. I missed a lot of low notes from bass and even cello. SAM wasn't available, so maybe that could help but I've heard much better bass from smaller speakers. The 5F moved more air and sounded more present but not like it played much lower if any.

Both, but especially the 3F sounded well past bright into harsh. I hope that's just that they were new, but some female vocals were unbearably shrill. I couldn't bear to listen to Tori Amos' voice for instance, and I like her a lot. The speakers looked a lot better in person than pictured, but I would need to hear them break in to be far less harsh and gain some bass extension to want them. I tend towards the detailed and brighter side of things, not smooth/analog/tube/vinyl at all. Almost all the speakers I like have beryllium, diamond, or both for tweeter diaphragms, so I expected to love beryllium midrange drivers, but in the end I reserve judgement hoping that the Persona will break in and sound better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paradigm Persona Series Speakers - by deviousalet - 29-Mar-2017, 00:50
RE: Paradigm Persona Series Speakers - by Pim - 08-Apr-2018, 06:17