Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware updates - WARNING
Just wanted to warn folks about a more-than-trivially distressing factoid that I received from customer support:

Quote:There is no way to roll back the firmware on your Phantoms.

This kind of blows my mind.  (In my case, the latest update removed functionality that I was counting on, and I've had to switch back to my old, non-Devialet gear.)

Anyway, BE CAREFUL when updating your Phantoms, because apparently there's no going back.  Particularly if you want to use your Phantoms without Spark, as the latest update makes this impractical - see the above thread.

I'd suggest reading the release notes first, but unfortunately they don't seem to actually say what's in the updates.  (In fact, the notes for the latest update don't even indicate that it's a firmware update at all, vs. just a Spark update.)  But maybe you can open a ticket and get a full list of changes, or just wait and see what the reports are from other users.

This, along with the news that Phantoms can't be repaired (link), has given me a real case of buyer's remorse, honestly.  imho, this isn't the way that a company that wants to cultivate customer loyalty deals with support.