Poll: What model should I go for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
200 today
24.14%
7 24.14%
130 in three months
0%
0 0%
220 in six months
65.52%
19 65.52%
Something else
10.34%
3 10.34%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130, 220 or 200, what would you do?
Hi rchinn,

I think that your question is one that quite a few prospective buyers might be asking.

If you can, listen to a D200 and then a D220 Pro I think you would get a good idea of the sonic differences between the previous Expert line and the current Expert Pro line. There are sonic differences between the two series, and that is something that you should really be clear about. Most, but not all, prefer the Pro series. A 200 vs 220 comparison would reduce the influence of power on the comparison.

If you decide on the Pro then it is a matter of power and amp outputs; I think the D220 has more connection options than the D130, but I'm not sure if that is the case.

People complain, or comment, on the value of used Devialet amps, but I think that as a recent company, we are now seeing Devialet come into a 'normal' position, where there is a market for the new amps, and a market for used amps, with a 'normal' volume of used products. So, it may be that if you are thinking of future upgrades or additions you could look to the used market now and /or in the future. We don't know where you are, so we could not help with observations about the used market in your area ( I do see you are shopping in Euro). Is a used D220 Pro a possible option?

Personally, I think the wisest decision is one that reduces or avoids multiple future upgrades; that is the best way to save your money and get a system that makes you happy for longer.... big talk I know, from a D120 to D220 Pro upgrader.

Finally, I think the Pro series is amazing, and I would go Pro at whatever model you decide on. Strangely, IMHO, the D130 seems to be much less popular than the more expensive items, so a D220 Pro might be the best bet for you, both in terms of the capability of the new amp as well as any future upgrades, such as other speakers or going dual-mono.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: 130, 220 or 200, what would you do? - by Damon - 17-Apr-2017, 15:19