Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hum starting between -85 to -80db
Thank you all for running this little test. It appears that @Axel was able to replicate the issue similar to mine with those level meter bars sitting just above the -80 mark whereas @baddog results were level at -100, strange indeed. BTW the config drop down box for cartridge selection is temperamental, I found I had to select a different brand, then back to Ortofon, then the cartridge drop down box worked for me. When I was trouble shooting this the other day, we did try turning every appliance off and on, including the refrigerator, also switched the light circuit breaker/safety switches off at the mains board, I do have LED lighting (no dimmers though). The only interference we got was from the air-conditioning, a high pitched sound, so we left it off during testing. @Soniclife I don't use wifi and during testing all inputs were turned off, the only other input I use is USB for my Aurender, this input is dead quiet and level is -100. I shall lodge a support ticket with PS Audio regarding the power plant P5 and ask if there is a known issue or a setting which may correct this, process of elimination to rule out power supply. My amps go in for the CI board upgrade at the end of January I shall ask the Devialet engineer to check this out for me also. I maybe able to try a SUT on a 30 day trial from my dealer they are an authorised dealer of Rothwell products which I have read manufacture good quality SUTs. Thank you once agin for suggestions, advice and assistance.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hum starting between -85 to -80db - by G51 - 18-Apr-2017, 12:14
RE: Hum starting between -85 to -80db - by ogs - 30-Dec-2017, 10:06
RE: Hum starting between -85 to -80db - by ogs - 05-Jan-2018, 11:38
RE: Hum starting between -85 to -80db - by Craig1512 - 07-Jan-2018, 03:50