Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade - Calif. State Import Use Tax Liability ?
my understanding, when you upgrade to pro, you are getting a new one. The amp is physically sent to France and they in turn send you a new one.This is what my dealer told me.
Customs will consider it as an imported equipment, does not mater new or old, gift or free. Customs will calculate the tax based on the actual price of new pro not just on your upgrade cost. Try buying any electronics on eBay, out of your own country. There will be import duty. In your case customs does not know it is an upgrade.
It is always good to do the upgrade through your dealer, you may have an issue if you are not the first owner.
I am also a proud owner of D-200 not doing the upgrade, in canada it cost around $4000 CAD. I would rather throw that money to an new amp. There are few amazing amps for considerably less price. Check it out at the Munich show.
Even though it is rated 200 watts, it lacks power to driver my speakers. Only option is to go mono block. For that price it's not worth the $$$.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Upgrade - Calif. State Import Use Tax Liability ? - by vishu - 26-Apr-2017, 13:34