Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice sought: Phantom's worth it?
so I am basically looking into getting two Phantom Gold as well, but after reading tons of reviews and posts I still have a few questions. I am coming from B&O Beolab 20 active speakers and I am trying to decide now between the Phantoms, active Dynaudio Focus XD60 speakers or a passive combination consisting of B&W 804D3 and an amplifier. I will use the speakers for listening to vinyl, TV, some PS4, a Meridian Music Server and Blu-Ray.

1) As far as I understand, the TV, PS4 and BluRay performance of the Phantoms will not be usable, because of the sound delay. Is that correct?

2) There is no stand-by, so the speakers are basically on all the time (like Sonos)?

3) There seems to be only one optical input. How can I connect all the above mentioned devices? Are there any pre-amps or DACs with optical outputs?

The Devialet are a lot cheaper than the other mentioned alternatives, giving me about a 5.000€ savings. So in addition to the Devialets I could get a Bose Lifestyle for all my TV and Blu-Ray needs.

Thanks for any advice!

Messages In This Thread
Advice sought: Phantom's worth it? - by Eggman - 01-May-2017, 01:39
RE: Advice sought: Phantom's worth it? - by dasun - 02-May-2017, 18:56