Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutec news.
Any Mutec updates from Munich??
Yes, the box under the MC-3 in the picture posted by octaviars is the new REF10 10MHz clock from Mutec. They also displayed their new 'look'.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-May-2017, 05:06)wikeeboy Wrote: Any Mutec updates from Munich??

This report (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent=665554) from Romaz looks very encouraging Smile
Sheesh, the ref 10 is not a cheap addition.
Some information emerging re the Ref 10 over on CA. To quote Mutec's Julian David 'List price in Germany is 3598.00 € including 19% German VAT. '

CA regular Romaz has also reported some extremely positive sound quality benefits when the Ref 10 is used with the Mutec MC3+USB, although this was based on a very quick listen at the Mutec stand at Munich. Romaz has also offered the idea of using the Ref 10 to synchronise the clocks on the Mutec MC3+USB and sMS-200Ultra with master clock option. I think that is a very compelling idea, I wonder how good that might be!

More here for those that are interested:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-665638
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Perhaps it is just me, but I am feeling that this is also slightly disappointing. I mean to say that it is great news to get even better sound quality by using Mutec Ref 10, but I was hoping to reduce number of boxes that we need. Now it seems that everybody needs an another new box. I wish there would be some simple and nice looking solution that would also have equally great sound quality.

So how many different boxes and components do we need for getting music delivered "perfectly" to our Devialet?
1) computer running Roon server and HQPlayer
2) endpoint like for example Sotm sms-200 ultra
3) Mutec MC3+USB
4) Mutec Ref 10
5) Do we also need a USB device like Sotm tx-USBultra?
6) Switches/routers
7) power supplies for each
8) cables

It is getting quite complicated, isn't it?

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for listening impressions of the new Ref 10 Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(21-May-2017, 12:06)petrik Wrote: Perhaps it is just me, but I am feeling that this is also slightly disappointing. I mean to say that it is great news to get even better sound quality by using Mutec Ref 10, but I was hoping to reduce number of boxes that we need. Now it seems that everybody needs an another new box. I wish there would be some simple and nice looking solution that would also have equally great sound quality.

So how many different boxes and components do we need for getting music delivered "perfectly" to our Devialet?
1) computer running Roon server and HQPlayer
2) endpoint like for example Sotm sms-200 ultra
3) Mutec MC3+USB
4) Mutec Ref 10
5) Do we also need a USB device like Sotm tx-USBultra?
6) Switches/routers
7) power supplies for each
8) cables

It is getting quite complicated, isn't it?

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for listening impressions Smile

This is exactly my thoughts to, it gets overly complicated. I can live with the computer runing HQ Playes but then all these other boxes.....aaaa and you need another box to fix that problem Big Grin
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Or just ignore it all and enjoy what you've got!

Personally the Mutec is an ugly device made no less ugly by a new logo, and the clock is an ugly thing too. If that's Mutec redesigning for the audiophile market, they might have a little way to go yet. In any case next year someone will undoubtedly take the two concepts and put them in a single box so you might as well wait for that (and the host of add-on paraphernalia to go with it Big Grin )

I made it out to see Sasha live at the Barbican last night - playing Scene|Delete and some older more dancy stuff. It reminded me that my hifi's nowhere near giving me that experience, and I'd much rather spend my money seeing more of that than buying add-on boxes. It's the new me.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(21-May-2017, 12:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Or just ignore it all and enjoy what you've got!

Personally the Mutec is an ugly device made no less ugly by a new logo, and the clock is an ugly thing too. If that's Mutec redesigning for the audiophile market, they might have a little way to go yet. In any case next year someone will undoubtedly take the two concepts and put them in a single box so you might as well wait for that (and the host of add-on paraphernalia to go with it Big Grin )

I made it out to see Sasha live at the Barbican last night - playing Scene|Delete and some older more dancy stuff. It reminded me that my hifi's nowhere near giving me that experience, and I'd much rather spend my money seeing more of that than buying add-on boxes. It's the new me.

I agree 100%

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn Romaz! Wink Now I want a Ref 10 too and feed it into the MC-3+ USB and sMS-200 Ultra. Big Grin Too bad the Devialet doesn't have a master clock input!

Don't care about extra boxes bringing additional complexity or them being "ugly" if they do what they promise at relatively affordable prices, I only worry about if there's enough room in my 'lowboard' that houses all the boxes out of sight.

There's no one size fits all in HiFi. For those who want beautiful boxes you can always buy dCS or the likes if you want this type of functionality. And those that don't want any extra boxes you can wait for the Devialet OS/streamer board and call it a day! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands