Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet dealers at Axpona seem alienated
Well, I guess that Devialet isn't such a great brand from a dealer's point of view as the base Expert products sound great and offer excellent value for money and although the dual mono products do sound marginally better there isn't a huge difference so for many people theres not much point in upgrading. The limited range of ancillaries also offer minimal opportunities for dealers. 

Contrast this with, for example, Naim who offer a wide range of products wth very significant differences in sound as you move up though the range and make a wide range of high-margin add-ons like external power supplies and cables which offer dealers plenty of opportunities to help their customers to upgrade.

As a customer, having tried the Naim approach with built-in upgrade paranoia, I prefer Devialet. If I was a dealer I would rather sell Naim...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet dealers at Axpona seem alienated - by PhilP - 12-May-2017, 20:05