Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet dealers at Axpona seem alienated
Welcome Netz,

Yes, this is a pretty good forum, though not as large as the Naim forum. Naim does make excellent products, but the sonic presentation is different. PhilP makes good points I think about the upgrade ecosystem. That never-ending line up of expensive upgrades was actually something that I found annoying about Naim, or the Naim sales system; while looking at a new set up in Naim a few years ago, I felt I was already being primed to be spending more and more down the road. That said, plenty of members here have made significant contributions to the French economy by moving up the Devialet chain, so don't let anyone tell you there isn't a clear path of future expenditure!

I love my Devialet for the sound and for the reliability of it, but I agree that they don't quite have the corporate model quite tuned up yet. And that includes their attention to dealers as well as existing owners. I've had great company and dealer support, but many others have not. My Devialet has no connection issues, and others have had continuing problems. For me, the Naim connectivity was terrible. I still feel that, 'UPnP capable' is a warning label, not a feature to be boasted about. Again, just my experience.

There are a few Dynaudio owners here as well if that is of interest. I think they (the Dynaudios) need quite a bit of power, so probably consider something with as much power as you can afford.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet dealers at Axpona seem alienated - by Damon - 12-May-2017, 21:01