Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC
My take is that Roon is being quite brilliant. There are likely quite a few well-heeled customers that would love what Roon can do but do not want to mess with the tech. I know of at least one installer that charges quite a bit to setup streaming solutions for such customers and I suspect the price of the Nucleus would be at least comparable if not cheaper that paying the installer (and yeah, I'm sure many installers will still make money off the Nucleus as well ;-)

For those of us that have been messing with such tech for quite a while, of course we would just pop for a DIY NUC. Roon Labs will even make it quite transparent how to do so cost effectively with assurance that it will work.

Maybe I'm just a Roon fanboy, but I'm quite impressed with them - their software of course, but more importantly, the way they conduct their business.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by brit - 15-May-2017, 13:44
RE: Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by mdconnelly - 22-May-2017, 21:33