Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC
(22-May-2017, 21:33)mdconnelly Wrote: Maybe I'm just a Roon fanboy, but I'm quite impressed with them - their software of course, but more importantly, the way they conduct their business.

Don't worry, there's plenty of us. Big Grin

Devialet 'customers' are probably easy prey for Roon. We're so used to zero communication and PR bullshit, that all it would take is a company to be 'reasonable' to get excited. The fact that Roon are the complete opposite is a real bonus. But beyond that I just like the software - I never even thought about multi-room, but now I couldn't live without it - and it all just kind of evolved after I'd got the license. Now I can do enough DSP to keep me happy. Any niggles I have pale in comparison to the rate of progress. They make Devialet's EVO platform and firmware updates seem like nonsense - not least since I don't think there's been any of note for as long as I can remember.

BUT, it seems like maybe they finally listened at least? To what extent, time will tell.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by brit - 15-May-2017, 13:44
RE: Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by Hifi_swlon - 22-May-2017, 22:06