Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSD Not Working
Need help here.

Have had a Devialet for 3 plus years (originally a 120 and now a 1000) and have used HP Player and ROON for several years. After numerous system changes over the last 6 months or so, PCM works fine but I can't get DSD to play through the Devialet. Music plays but as I turn the volume up the sound will ping pong sporadically from one speaker to the next. DSD used to work fine.

I listen to TIDAL and music from a NAS. The system has grown with lots of small components to improve the sound - one could question if that is the issue - but I think not.

My system includes a Macbook Air (i7 with sierra recently installed) that sends tunes through an ethernet cable to my router then through two TP-Link conditioners to a aqvox switch then to a mRendu then to a Gustard u12 and finally to a Devialet 1000 via Optical, RCA, or XLR (have tried all three). Hard to imagine anything comes out after all that but that's another story.....

Using ROON with HQP as a NAA and the Gustard as the end point (my preferred method) PCM works fine - DSD does not (even though the Dev indicates it is receiving DSD64)

I have tried several things to no avail.
  • changed DSD related options in HQP (buffer, rate, etc) - no improvement
  • removed the TP-Links - no improvement
  • removed the Gustard and went USB from the mRendu to the Devs - no improvement
  • removed the mRendu and went directly to the Devs from the computer with USB - no improvement
  • instead of NAA (in HQP) I used the Core Audio route  - no improvement
  • removed HQP altogether and used ROON's DSD upsampling - no improvement.

I'm at a loss at this point. I have the latest OS on the MAC, latest HQP software, most recent Dev firmware, and latest ROON software.  I'm pretty familiar with HQP so I believe I have all the appropriate boxes checked (DoP, DSD, etc) - (I can send screen shots later in the day). I had assumed this was a HQP issue initially, but, if DSD doesn't work in ROON upsampling ether, it makes me think it may be a Devialet issue?? After I upgraded to 1000, the XLR input on one of the amps was not working and I had to send it back to France - so I know problems can happen.

I contacted Eva a week ago and got a response that she would have the engineers look into it - have heard nothing since.

Any help would be appreciated.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA

Messages In This Thread
DSD Not Working - by Dan - 19-May-2017, 15:54
RE: DSD Not Working - by Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2017, 18:15
RE: DSD Not Working - by Dan - 19-May-2017, 21:38
RE: DSD Not Working - by Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2017, 22:18
RE: DSD Not Working - by Dan - 20-May-2017, 18:30
RE: DSD Not Working - by Dan - 21-May-2017, 19:38
RE: DSD Not Working - by Hifi_swlon - 21-May-2017, 20:46