Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Recordings IV
I can't see any problem at all with the work or effort in making music available, even with the lacquers as part of that effort. In fact, i applaud it. I think an audio equipment company that also works on music is to be commended. Nobody here has criticized Naim or Linn for doing so. Bravo to Devialet.

The extravagant, single-play lacquers are interesting but not really relevant to their equipment or any of the typical music distribution formats. (I'd say the same thing about the chatter about reel to reel). But jeez, just let them do what they want. I don't personally care about the vinyl release, but I bet that many persons with $20K (and up) turntables will be interested in the finest quality product they can spend money on.

But they are spending time on music, which is actually the whole point of the 'hobby'; assuming of course that persons are in fact interested in music first, then the equipment. Having just come from the biennale in Venice, I would not criticize Devialet for a single use music product any more than I could condemn an art installation for only being available for experience while at the biennale.

They gave us a free music track in two formats, and I love their choice of music. They offer their limited recordings as digital downloads, or on vinyl. How can that be a problem? For anyone who does not want their emails, opt out. I can't see any reason for outrage or insult.

(Rome)
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Lost Recordings IV - by booshtukka - 30-May-2017, 01:14
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by pjlarge - 30-May-2017, 07:19
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by petrik - 30-May-2017, 08:21
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by trashken - 30-May-2017, 13:11
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by octaviars - 30-May-2017, 15:55
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by AaronG - 30-May-2017, 13:16
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by Confused - 30-May-2017, 13:49
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by petrik - 30-May-2017, 14:41
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by Damon - 30-May-2017, 18:02
RE: Lost Recordings IV - by blair.athol - 30-May-2017, 19:52