Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 owners - In need of help setting up please
(31-May-2017, 05:56)petrik Wrote:
(30-May-2017, 21:02)killergurt Wrote: Thank you very much for the answers. I need to get new cables then, need to replace 2 XLR cables with new RCA cables. Are those RCA cable supposed to be Digital?
Does it matter if my fronts are going to be connected through an RCA but the rest of the speakers through XLR?

Also, should I bother changing the link cable (SPDIF) and power cords to something higher quality than the stock cables?

It might be a good idea to read this article:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ema-set-up

I have used analog RCA cables when connecting Marantz pre-outs to Devialet. Please also remember to check from your Devialet configuration that you have set a correct "Max level" in the related Devialet input. Initially I was having a value 1.0 Vrms there but everything sounded horrible then. I contacted Marantz support and asked what is the maximum level from the preouts and it was 1.41 Volts. So obviously the value that I had set up to Devialet was way too low. I increased the "Max level" to 1.5 Vrms on my Devialet configuration and sound quality has been totally fine after that.

You can get a better sound quality by using higher quality link and power cables, but if I were you, I would probably start with stock cables now. You can buy better cables also later. I always recommend people to try different cables at home (if possible) before doing any buying decisions. If you don't like the sound of the new cables or cannot hear any difference, then you can return the cables and save your money Smile

Hi and thank you for the information.

I am still unable to connect my Devialet 400 to my Marantz pre-amp and get a sound.
I am including a diagram of the back of my Marantz AV8802A, highlighting in yellow where my speakers are currently connected. I am connecting LINE 1 on my Devialet to the UNBALANCED pre-out on my Marantz (Front L and R).
My Center and Surround speakers are connected through a different amp to the BALANCED pre-out as shown.

I also configured the LINE 1 on the Devialet for pass through so that I can control the volume with my Marantz when watching movies.

This is what I do:

1. I turn my Marantz on
2. I turn mt Xbox One S connected to it (HDMI) playing a movie
3. I turn on the Devialet and make sure it is set to LINE 1

I get no sound coming from the main speakers.

When I connect a source directly to LINE1 on my Devialet I get beautiful sound.

I don't really know what to do anymore and really hope someone has an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Thank you again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 400 owners - In need of help setting up please - by killergurt - 06-Jun-2017, 22:51