Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
Hi All,I'm looking for a bit of advice.I was thinking about upgrading my amp and was wondering if anybody new how the 120 or 200 compared to my Einstein which has a valve pre amp and as class a power stage.I feed it with a Linn klimax renew and moon supernova CDP and my speakers are audiovector mo 1 avantgarde speakers.Any info would be much appreciated.
Mo
I'm a big fan of Audiovector speakers. I nearly bought the SR 3 Avantgarde Arreté, which I heard twice in demos with a Devialet 200. Stunning combination! So, yes, do give the Devialet a demo.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(06-Nov-2014, 23:24)Jwg1749 Wrote: I'm a big fan of Audiovector speakers. I nearly bought the SR 3 Avantgarde Arreté, which I heard twice in demos with a Devialet 200. Stunning combination! So, yes, do give the Devialet a demo.
Matt

Thanks Matt,

You do get a nicely detailed sound from the audio vectors.Will go for a demo of the 200.Am I right in thinking that the 200 has a more dynamic sound than the 120?
(07-Nov-2014, 00:07)mojojojo Wrote:
(06-Nov-2014, 23:24)Jwg1749 Wrote: I'm a big fan of Audiovector speakers. I nearly bought the SR 3 Avantgarde Arreté, which I heard twice in demos with a Devialet 200. Stunning combination! So, yes, do give the Devialet a demo.
Matt

Thanks Matt,

You do get a nicely detailed sound from the audio vectors.Will go for a demo of the 200.Am I right in thinking that the 200 has a more dynamic sound than the 120?

I couldn't say, never having done a direct comparison of the 200 and 120. But the 200 does seem to me to be the sweet-spot in the Devialet range.

Good luck!

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
I used to own Si3 Avantgarde Arretes and really liked them. That ribbon tweeter took a lot of running in though! A 200 ought to be alright though I'd feel a 120 was a bit lacking. Not sure with the Mi1 (?) and looks like they'd need less so a 120 might be just fine.
Not sure how it compares with Einstein, sorry.
How might a 120 be lacking? Also interested in what makes a 200 the sweet spot. New to this and getting my head around the product before a dem.
If your speakers are relatively undemanding and if your need for inputs/outputs is met by the 120, then the 120 will give you the full Devialet experience.

The 200 has more inputs and outputs, it has greater power, and it can be upgraded with a 200 'Companion' if you want to go dual mono at a later stage.

Matt

London
It was a shop that sells the devialet that said the 200 gave a more dynamic sound.The audio vectors aren't hard to drive.The Einstein is 50wpc and drives them easily giving a slightly warm detailed airy and lively sound.
Obviously the shop will want to sell you the more expensive Devialet. Can you do a direct comparison of the 120 and 200? That's really the only way to establish which makes more sense for you.

Good luck!

Matt

London
I think they have both so will demo both if they have.They did mention a moon 600 amp but tried that before against the Einstein and I preferred my Einstein.I liked the moon but it wasn't any better than the Einstein.