Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
(10-Dec-2014, 23:05)mojojojo Wrote: ...In the meantime they gave me a loan of a naim 282/supercap/250.2.That's been quite an improvement over my Einstein. More detail and height in the soundstage.Does anybody know how the 200 compares to the naim setup?

Mojojojo,

PhilP will be along shortly, I hope, and he can give you a good opinion on the Naim VS Devialet. Others will also be helpful. The Naim setup you're trying is very good, and I'll be interested to hear your thoughts about the sound comparison when you do try try the Devialet. I've heard a reasonable amount of Naim gear. I think the presentation of the Devialet is different, and as much I really love the Naim 'sound', I'm very likely going to the D120.

My opinion would be that there is a clarity and ease to the Devialet that is remarkable. Through the Devialet the background of the music, the spaces between the notes, is arresting. I love the drive of the Naim, but I'm finding that the Devialet presents all the sounds, the harmonics and the micro dynamics in a way that I can't get over. The other day I was able to drag my wife in for 10 minutes of listening to the D120 through a pair of the Totem Element Embers (I think- very small box, 6" woofer or so) and even she commented on the way the music seemed to emerge without any sense of effort or muffling. Every time I hear the Dev, my impressions are confirmed. At the price, the D120 especially seems a remarkable value.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp - by Damon - 11-Dec-2014, 00:12