Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
(11-Dec-2014, 00:14)mojojojo Wrote: Hi Philip,Thanks for the reply.It was myself who asked about the naim as I had seen they were selling a 2nd hand 282/supercap and since they couldn't get the 200 in i we thought I could compare that to my Einstein and then compare that to the 200 later on hopefully next week.

Hi Damian,I've been listening to the naim tonight and enjoyed it.Heard lots of details in songs that i 'be missed.Now back listening to the Einstein which seems bass light and hollowish by comparison although it's not fully warmed up yet.

Hi, I think Damon's done a much better job of describing the Devialet sound than I did. It's the ease with which it does everything that impresses me most. The music just flows with no harshness or edginess and because the noise levels are so low its much easier to hear low level details.

Some Naim products including the 250.2 have a fullness in the mid-upper bass that is quite appealing and that might be what you're describing as the difference between the Einstein and the Naim amps. The Devialet is very neutral across the whole frequency range so you can expect it to sound less 'warm' than the Naim too.

If you decide that you prefer Naim then buying s/h is really the way to go as prices hold up well and you won't lose much/anything if you sell the kit on again.

Good luck!

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp - by PhilP - 11-Dec-2014, 09:10