Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antipodes Edge, and others in the new range
I have thougt about the AES input on Devialet as we go from rca to xlr on the link cable between master and slave. Perhaps we dont need to have a streamer with AES output to get the best from a Devialet just use a streamer with RCA or BNC out and use a coaxialcable like the ones we use as link between the amps.
Perhaps it is not the AES3 vs. S/PDIF signal format that is the thing here more that the AES input is better than the RCA inputs on Devialet so it is possible to get good sound with a streamer with S/PDIF out.

I think a friend of mine did run his Naim streamer with rca to xlr when he owned a D400 but I am not shure. 

A BNC to BNC cable with a Neutrik BNC to XLR adapter (with transformer if one wants that) could be a way to go.

My thougts right now goes to Allo Digione board and their Sparky SBC board or a Raspberry Pi2 board and run DietPi and use it as Roon bridge or HQ Player NAA.

https://allo.com/sparky/digione.html

This will only cost a small amount of money and it is powered with 5Vdc 2A so a smal linear PSU will work with it. Worth a test I think perhaps compare it to me costly options. The possibility to use it as endpoint to both Roon and HQ Player is a nice feature. 

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Antipodes Edge, and others in the new range - by octaviars - 25-Jun-2017, 12:23