Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc.
The digiOne is up and running now.
Have it running BNC cable out into Neutrik convertor into AES input. Yesterday had it same cable with a BNC>RCA adapter into one of the digi inputs.

Not much to report so far really. The margins/differences between this and AIR are smaller than I'd hoped (or should I say lead to believe), but at the same time there does appear to be a difference - certainly in the bass department - which I really can't rationalise since these are all digital signals but no point getting into the theory right now since I have something to listen to and measure.

It's slightly trickier as I re-enabled SAM shortly before the Allo arrived, and so my setup already sounds slightly different to what im used to.

Anyway, I plan to listen some more, maybe take a few measurements and try and do some blind comparisons too, and see what unfolds... will report back down the line after I've had it a while longer.

[ just to clarify from above, the BNC socket is actually pretty solid, and also perfectly lines up with the case wall and has a securing ring, sonits oribsbly stronger than I thought it would be. So I could try Neutrik at the source end and run an AES cable - apart from the fact I don't have one. Not sure what's the best or most technically correct way, since it's not really balanced, I assume the way it is us best?]

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by MIKE - 25-Jun-2017, 22:21
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by MIKE - 26-Jun-2017, 08:41
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017, 22:54