Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc.
(10-Jul-2017, 22:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote: The digiOne is up and running now.
Have it running BNC cable out into Neutrik convertor into AES input. Yesterday had it same cable with a BNC>RCA adapter into one of the digi inputs.

Not much to report so far really. The margins/differences between this and AIR are smaller than I'd hoped (or should I say lead to believe), but at the same time there does appear to be a difference - certainly in the bass department - which I really can't rationalise since these are all digital signals but no point getting into the theory right now since I have something to listen to and measure.

It's slightly trickier as I re-enabled SAM shortly before the Allo arrived, and so my setup already sounds slightly different to what im used to.

Anyway, I plan to listen some more, maybe take a few measurements and try and do some blind comparisons too, and see what unfolds... will report back down the line after I've had it a while longer.

[ just to clarify from above, the BNC socket is actually pretty solid, and also perfectly lines up with the case wall and has a securing ring, sonits oribsbly stronger than I thought it would be. So I could try Neutrik at the source end and run an AES cable - apart from the fact I don't have one. Not sure what's the best or most technically correct way, since it's not really balanced, I assume the way it is us best?]

What software are you running on the Pi?

I think Ropieee seems to be a nice Roon bridge software and also supports a screen but perhaps you already knew that  Smile

When I bought my link cable for my D400 I talked to the guy at Cabledyne about this coaxial vs. aes cable and he suggested to use the cable that was right for the sender impedance 75 ohm as there were no transformer on the cable. As the input on the Devialet is transformer coupled he thougt it would make little difference but I went with his recommendation on the 75 ohm cable.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by MIKE - 25-Jun-2017, 22:21
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by MIKE - 26-Jun-2017, 08:41
RE: Allo - streamers, DACs, bridges etc. - by octaviars - 11-Jul-2017, 07:05