Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glider - an IOS UPNP app for Dialog/Phantom
(28-Jun-2017, 15:07)alandbush Wrote: It's another example of what can be done and, dare I say it, could potentially shame the Devialet Spark effort.
No, it's not there! A direct comparison with Spark shows that Spark with its latest two updates made streaming and user experience better than all upnp systems in terms of responsiveness, stability, hires capacity, gapless play, and multisource features (Spotify connect, Qubuz, Tidal, Deezer, upnp, optical input, bluetooth, Airplay). Spark still misses out on catalogueing features like genres or other metadata, but excels in merging seamless play and latest gapless play of multiple sources. Within a second you choose and
listen to whatever you select. Upnp let's you wait for seconds to build up play. No difference with Glider, at least what I experienced in my 30' test today. The same user experience as in 2003 when I made my bet on Streamium technology with Philips. Roon is still No.1, but Spark could get there when Devialet would matter/acknowledge importance of Metadata.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glider - an IOS UPNP app for Dialog/Phantom - by streamy - 28-Jun-2017, 22:51