Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon/Ethernet Connection Issues
Hi all,
many thanks for all the great posts on these forums.
I have two things to discuss:
1. Roon sounds GREAT via USB- best I've heard from my system (MacMini/outboard hard drive/ formerly iTunes +/-PureMusic/Hyperion Audio 938 / homemade subs)). Is there room on this forum for a "Best Roon settings for SQ?"??
2. I have just installed Roon and activated the Ethernet input on my D400 (=2xD200 set up as master/companion), and connected the Ethernet cable.
Roon doesn't "see" the Devialet- there are AIR and USB options on the AudioSetup page, but no Devialet option- am I missing something, please??
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Try e re-start on both. I had it happen once and after that all was ok.

BTW, there's already a thread with exactly the same name as yours doc. You might want to name this one different to prevent confusion. There's one guy here who's confused all the time...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks for both tips, Pim van Vliet Smile
I tried the restart (amps and computer), but no luck- I shall try to find a way!
The options under Settings-Adio are still:
Sytem Output; Built-in Output; Dev AIR; Dev USB; HDMI. No Ethernet!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Is the Roon version new? (Roon Setting > Right hand corner > about > build 242)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
You need to turn AIR off on your Mac. It must be on otherwise it wouldn't come up as an option. Once AIR is off, scan for devices again (Settings > Audio > top right hand corner)
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks, Pim- It is the new version of Roon. I have uninstalled AIR from my Mac- it never worked at all anyway!
Maybe it's the cable I'm using- will try another
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
OK. So for some reason your Mac still thinks AIR is available. Did you re-start after un-installation?
Another thing I thought of; did you install the new configuration on both Master and Slave?
Questions, questions.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Step One - Verify ethernet connection on Devialet.

Did you configure the ethernet port settings on your Devialet in the configurator?

If yes, and assuming you have WIFI off on the Devialet, using the Devialet application on an iPhone, if you have one, can you connect to the Devialet and control volume? If yes, then your Devialet is properly configured for ethernet.

If you have complete uninstall the Devialet AIR application from your Mac Mini, and BTW you can use CCleaner to make sure it is completely removed ( you can use the free version of CCleaner ).

BTW is the ethernet cable connected to a switch or router? Or did you connect an ethernet cable from the Mac to the Devialet? If the latter, then a different set of instructions for configuration might apply if it is not working.

Also is the Mac Mini connected to your network via an ethernet cable or WIFI?

Step Two - Verify Roon connection to Devialet

Launch Roon

Go to Settings

Choose Audio

If you Devialet is connected to the network, you will see the Devialet in the Networked section.

You can than enable it by clicking the button labeled "Enable"

If you are still having issues, can you let us know which of the above works/does not work?

That will help determine where the issue may be, and yes trying a different ethernet cable is not a bad idea.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(20-Jul-2017, 02:18)baddog Wrote: Step One - Verify ethernet connection on Devialet.
Did you configure the ethernet port settings on your Devialet in the configurator?
Thanks so much to you both.
I turned ethernet "on" in Configurateur.
I did nothing else- Do I need to change the IP / DHCP/ other settings there?
iPhone cannot see Devialet either. Devialet is connected to Mac- Mac is on the wireless network, so is my phone.

BTW is the ethernet cable connected to a switch or router? Or did you connect an ethernet cable from the Mac to the Devialet? If the latter, then a different set of instructions for configuration might apply if it is not working.-  Mac is connected to Devialet by Ethernet cable.

Also is the Mac Mini connected to your network via an ethernet cable or WIFI?
Mac is connected to network by WiFi.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
I wrote these instructions out a while back, they are general guidelines on how to set up your Devialet to work with an ethernet connection from your Mac Mini.

This will allow you to use your Mac Mini connected via WIFI and share its internet connection via ethernet to the Devialet.

Let me know if you have questions, you can ignore the final section that speaks of configuring Devialet AIR and Audio MIDI as they are no longer relevant.

Ince done you can verify by checking to see if you can now use the Devialet application on your iPhone. If yes, then the next time you launch Roon, the Devialet should show up in the Networked section.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...5#pid41595
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US