Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 power strip
Hi guys, found this old thread looking for some advice. I bought a Niagara 1000 yesterday at a local audio fair for 800€ from the AQ booth. I heard a lot of controversy about this product (and this kind of product anyway) with one camp claiming none of these products can ever make a difference and the other camp reporting significant improvements. And I wanted to see (hear) for myself.

Tbh, after spending 2 hours yesterday of plugging in and out and testing I am having a really hard time justifying my purchase. If anything, it sounds worse to me (less punch?), than diredtly to the wall but I am not 100% positive if I hear anything at all. I usually have a good ear for subtle differences but here.. no. So at the moment I'm thinking I'll return the thing and be done with this stuff but I would like to be sure befor I do, because of the relatively good deal I got.

Does anybody have recommendations for what to look out for while A/B testing, now that you've had it for a longer time? My skepticism is higher than before I got my hands on one to be honest. Seems to be build really cheap and made to look good and chunky but it feels like it's almost hollow and could be half the size.

I have a D200 running the stock cord but have an AQ NRG-Z3 on the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 power strip - by WesCrackin - 04-Feb-2019, 14:34