Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 power strip
@WesCrackin
Glad my ramblings were of some help to you. All product reviews are interesting as research, but it is essential to be confident in one's own experience in listening. Darko's ramblings included.

I know so little about any of the power conditioners or power cable physics or chemistry (or alchemy) that I won't claim to have any solid advice. But again thinking about your, 'what to look out for' question, I would just say this: that getting the power conditioner thing, and the power cables installed did make a difference in my system. I said to myself, 'this is how the amp is supposed to sound'. Just some... relief, I suppose I'd say. I think I said things about tone and clarity in another thread, and that is all true. But I also think that when I found the bits that improved the sound, it was the sense of 'relief' and 'release' that I noticed. Like letting the amp actually be itself. So that is what I'd listen for myself if I were doing the shopping again.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 power strip - by Damon - 05-Feb-2019, 21:33