Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between Gold & Silver?
(29-Jul-2017, 06:25)Gremlin Wrote: Given that Devialet marketed the white and silver as being perfect, with zero distortion, etc, I can only now view them as a bunch of chancers and charlatans.

Well the 'zero' figure they gave out was true, technically. As the distortion is lower than the threshold of what would be considered distortion. 

The distortion of Phantom White and Silver is 0.001%. While the distortion on the Phantom Gold is 0.0005%. All of them are below the 1% threshold which makes them technically zero distortion. I've never personally detected any audible distortion, but this scale of measurement is so tiny that I wouldn't expect to.

With the Gold Phantom they have reduced it even more from 0.001 to 0.0005. Which is quite considerable. Even if previous to this you couldn't hear distortion this does make a difference, and all three Phantom's still have 0% distortion in those factors. So to say zero distortion isn't wrong but if you get technical you can say they have 0.0005% distortion.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to explain how they make this claim while being truthful.
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Difference between Gold & Silver? - by Mohmm - 28-Jul-2017, 17:48
RE: Difference between Gold & Silver? - by kmjy - 29-Jul-2017, 07:30
Difference between Gold & Silver? - by Krisp - 23-Oct-2017, 12:29