Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet Website
I like the website. To my screens it looks good and is an improvement on the last one. Configurator is easier for me to get to.

While this forum must be early adopters in one way, going for Devialet, I think it also quite change resistant and loves a complaint.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(05-Aug-2017, 18:01)rchinn Wrote: ....I think it also quite change resistant and loves a complaint.

Personally I love progress and change..... as long as it's for the better.

Complaint is deserved here because it's release has been a dogs dinner but moreover, nothing's improved, and yet again promised features not delivered.

Being completely objective I very much doubt it will increase their sales, user base, or brand reputation in any way.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Managed to get on the new site, no problem. Recently moved so I thought it would be an opportunity to update my new address details, went swimmingly until I had to enter "Country" from a drop down menu only to find that England or U.K. is not represented. Anything to do with Brexit perchance?
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Not specific to Devialet but that's one of the most annoying things on the web - selecting country could be any of the below and every websites different so it can take a while to find;
U.K., United Kingdom, GB, Great Britain, England,
There might be some I'm leaving off.
Maybe after brexit we can just pick one and call it a day.

(And yes I know they're not all the same thing)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(05-Aug-2017, 20:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not specific to Devialet but that's one of the most annoying things on the web - selecting country could be any of the below and every websites different so it can take a while to find;
U.K., United Kingdom, GB, Great Britain, England,
There might be some I'm leaving off.
Maybe after brexit we can just pick one and call it a day.

(And yes I know they're not all the same thing)

Tanks Hifi, for pointing out another reason I'm happy to live in Australia. Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Must admit I'm not too sure about the new website. I can see what they are trying to do but aesthetically I'm not sure everything works. Some of the images and animations are nice but it just doesn't seem very cohesive to me.

I also don't like the menu on the left which is just too big and looks a bit odd and out of proportion. See here:

Oh and when I log into my account the information showing is incorrect, for e.g. it says that I have bought two Phantoms and my Od'A is nowhere to be seen. Anyway ticket raised with support and I understand they are already onto this.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It's a horrible mix of fonts and an odd palette. It doesn't seem to reflect their imo cutting edge and beautiful design of products pre-sky shoebox. They're a bit 'all over the shop' as a brand right now I think.

(05-Aug-2017, 19:09)misterpete Wrote: Managed to get on the new site, no problem. Recently moved so I thought it would be an opportunity to update my new address details, went swimmingly until I had to enter "Country" from a drop down menu only to find that England or U.K. is not represented. Anything to do with Brexit perchance?

managed as well to go to the country list and you are right, they completely messed it up, I could not find Deutschland nor Hessen, the country I am living in, what a shame Dodgy although, I found the United Kingdom : : Angel
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(07-Aug-2017, 14:21)GuillaumeB Wrote: Must admit I'm not too sure about the new website. I can see what they are trying to do but aesthetically I'm not sure everything works. Some of the images and animations are nice but it just doesn't seem very cohesive to me.

I also don't like the menu on the left which is just too big and looks a bit odd and out of proportion. See here:

Oh and when I log into my account the information showing is incorrect, for e.g. it says that I have bought two Phantoms and my Od'A is nowhere to be seen. Anyway ticket raised with support and I understand they are already onto this.

Guillaume

They always seem to be able to stuff you around just that little bit more than their average customer don't they Guillaume? As the brand ambassador that must be a hard pill to swallow.

Anyway, enjoy your phantom Phantoms Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Aug-2017, 17:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Mmmm, fancy drama over solid basics, now that's not the Devialet I know.... Tongue

Ignoring the fact it's poorly executed and I just plain don't like it, what happened to all their historic Expert models? It's just like they never existed. I would have loved to see all the info for their entire line - past and present - embraced.
And a whole main menu item for the lost recordings? Really?
And why not launch the fabled new customer forum type area that was promised - must be over six months ago now - at the same time? I guess realistically it's never coming.

Hopefully this isn't what their software team have been tied up on for months.

I don't visit the site enough to be infuriated. But it is disappointing. As usual from my POV.

All we can hope is it's rubbish primarily because all resources have been put into Core Infinity, and the website was boshed out by some keen interns.

Well, I'm reluctant to break with a long, proud tradition and agree with you... but I do.* The layout is too image heavy (and overly promotional as I think F1eng says later) and UI elements are clearly untested.

The customer forum element, whatever that might be, would be a very strong addition if they could do such a thing. I did not realize that had been mentioned. As I'm still a very happy owner, I'd love to see the website reflect, in both content and function, the excellent engineering that the Expert and Phantom products contain.

*Must be the mellowness that comes from three days spent eating and snoozing on a warm island, with no computer contact whatsoever. Though I did miss my stereo and my motorcycle.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada