Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
(11-Aug-2017, 23:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(11-Aug-2017, 22:33)Hifi_swlon Wrote:  In light of their reply to Confused, they must have some otherwise they wouldn't know the weight-based curve.

Given that every speaker and floor is different I don't think any data they can give you will make much (practical) sense. So I wouldn't be surprised they just made that up. Better to sell the cheaper version than none at all.

I would have just liked too see any data showing effectiveness, but I get that - assuming the things do what they say - how they work with the specific room/floor/speaker combo could be quite unpredictable.

My understanding from a follow-on conversation is that they'd like to do independent lab measurements to release publicly, but I didn't get the impression these were necessarily planned or forthcoming. Shame.

I know PMC are very pro-isolation and say in many instances it's better than solid coupling, but experimentation is needed as to what suits the situation best.

Here's a few pics meantime, thanks to Oxford Audio for the loaners (which I'll get in place as soon as I get a time window). They're quite small - smaller than I expected. But an even lower profile would have been great, but let's see what they look like on - I reckon about a 2cm lift.

(Not sure where the 'x time' ago />' come from?)

I was thinking I'd try and get these in in situ, but looking at the height difference I'll probably end up toppling a speaker so might be easier just to get the speakers out and do it upside down.

Need to re-mark their positions properly for when they revert to spikes so can try and get measurements from reasonably the same position. I think I'll just get them in first and listen so that if I don't end up having time to measure at least I'll be able to try them out. If I can measure I'll do it before removing them, and then re-do without. As a fallback I have previous ones but they are 'average moving mike' ones and from a slightly different position.

Anyway, doubt I'll get them in tonight. Levelling them on my uneven floor will be interesting too. If the logo has to be front or rear it means 180 degree turns but very f want all logos the same needs to be 360 degree turns. But I guess the stabilising mech will even some of it out. We'll see.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 11:40
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 09-Aug-2017, 13:41
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 14:45
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 11-Aug-2017, 23:24
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Aug-2017, 17:42
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 15-Aug-2017, 08:19
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 08:12
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 13:01
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 14-Apr-2019, 13:33
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 16-Apr-2019, 01:09
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 25-Apr-2019, 01:01